Formation and development of civil society, including
Strengthening democratic institutes
- The party thinks that sufficient grounds have been put on paper in Armenia for establishment and consolidation of democratic institute. Nevertheless, the latter, first of all, requires political will of authorities and effective participation of the civil society. Practical enforcement of theoretical opportunities for consolidated democratic institutes should be one of the highest priorities of the coming legitimate authorities.
Ensuring freedom of speech and information
- Pursuant to the law on mass media the freedom in mass media activities shall not be restricted but instead – regulated, whilst regulation may not restrict the rights for receiving and disseminating information, freedom of speech and other basic freedoms of mass media representatives and journalists. Provision electronic means of communication should be maximum transparent.
- Develop a law on regulation of relations associated with the ownership of mass media, which will prohibit the right for ownership of TV companies by any party;
- Create favorable conditions for development of private mass media companies, simplify the licensing procedures for mass media companies, clearly define requirements;
- Increase the level of journalists’ social and legal protection;
- Create an independent commission for regulation and supervision of mass media activities with participation of all political forces present in National Assembly.
- It is necessary to:
Consolidating human rights and basic freedoms
- The opportunity for enjoying rights and freedoms stipulated by the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia should be guaranteed for everybody without gender, racial, skin color, language, religious, political and other forms of discrimination depending on the beliefs, social origin, national identity, financial status, place of birth, etc.
- The role of Ombudsman should be enhanced, creating proper legal and functional conditions to ensure its independent and impartial operation.
Reforming the judicial system
- Judicial reforms should target affordability of justice, creation of fair and impartial judicial power, which will be competent to ensure establishment of democracy and implementation of economic reforms.
Improving the election system
- Create competent, balanced election commissions;
- Ensure legal equality mechanisms among election units;
- Extract any opportunity of authorities to have influence over elections results;
- Establish real social supervision over election commission activities, complete transparency of election process;
- Gradually introduce the system of 100% proportional National Assembly elections;
- Define and enforce more stringent sanctions over crime against voting rights;
- Ensure equal conditions for all candidates in state funded mass media;
- Adopt and implement all-state program targeting enhancement of voting culture of citizens.
Sustaining political parties and developing the political field
- The party believes that it is necessary to ensure free, fair elections, which will promote revival and enlargement of political parties. Allot state financing to political parties or their coalitions, which have passed to the National Assembly in the amount of 100 million AMD annually, and 50 million AMD to parties who have surmounted the 3% threshold. Allow commercial banks to provide secured financing to political parties for election campaigns.
Increasing political responsibility of political parties and political figures
- Carry out absolute proportional National Assembly elections;
- Develop efficient mechanisms for recalling NA deputies.
Other /Enhancing efficient state administration/
- Decline the defective practice of serving the state administration for individual, group interests;
- Get oriented in its way to democratic power;
- Adopt the experience of being guided by public interests and realizing those interests;
- Operate in a transparent and public manner, open for everybody and in everybody’s spectacle, reporting and informing the public about its achievements and loopholes, undertakings, misdeeds and initiatives.
- The state politics machine should: